A Good Financial Plan Consists of --- BEGINNING WITH A PLAN!
Where do you get started?
- What are your personal goals; short and long term
- What are your financial goals
- Write down your goals and how you plan to achieve them
- What is your current financial status
A good financial strategy consists of several components:
- Budgeting and taxes
- Managing financial risk
- Investing (wealth accumulation)
- Saving (cash liquidity)
- Planning for Retirement
Some people engage the services of a Certified Financial Planner who guides them toward achieving their short and long term financial goals. Understanding your financial security will help you make responsible and informed decisions and attain a more joyous life. You can learn more about financial planning and investment strategies on the Johns Hopkins Federal Credit Union Financial Resource Center webpage .
If you have a question or need guidance to get you started, you can contact GreenPath Financial , one of the JHFCU financial wellness partners who can provide counseling via telephone or live chat—Credit Union membership not required.
- Mymoney.gov - building blocks to make the most of your money.
- Mint.com - interactive budget and financial planning tool.